Хепатитът е заболяване, причинено от вирус. От петте различни хепатитни вируса (A, B, C, D и E), само B и C могат да станат хронични, причинявайки продължително заболяване и тежко увреждане на черния дроб.
The main routes of transmission of these infections are three: sexual, blood and vertical (from mother to child). Tests for hepatitis B and hepatitis C are conducted in the laboratories of the Regional Health Inspectorate.
Here are a few short points about hepatitis prevention:
- Get vaccinated: There are vaccines for hepatitis A and B. Vaccination protects you from these types of hepatitis.
- Keep hygiene: Wash your hands with soap and clean water regularly, especially before meals and after using the toilet. This can help prevent the spread of hepatitis A and E.
- Use clean needles: If you use needles for medicinal purposes, make sure they are clean and not shared with others to prevent hepatitis B and C.
- Use condoms during sex to reduce the risk of hepatitis B and C, which are transmitted through sexual intercourse.
- Be careful with tattoos and piercings: Make sure the needles and equipment used for tattoos and piercings are sterilized and safe to prevent hepatitis B and C.
- Avoid sharing personal items: Do not share toothbrushes, razors, or other items that may have traces of blood because this can spread hepatitis B and C.
- Be careful with food and water: When traveling or when eating away from home, be careful about the quality of the food and water you consume to prevent hepatitis A and E.
- Get tested: If you have a risk of hepatitis B or C, consider taking tests. Knowing your partner’s status can also help prevent transmission of the infection.
- If you have hepatitis, follow your doctor’s advice and take prescribed medications to prevent complications and the spread of the virus.
Remember that hepatitis can be a serious illness, but after the said steps, you can reduce your risk and protect yourself.