- spouse (or a person with whom you are in a proven stable and long-term relationship);
- Children under 18, unmarried;
- Children over 18, unmarried, who cannot support themselves due to health reasons;
- Parents of either spouse who cannot take care of themselves due to old age or serious illness.
- Your parents;
- Another adult member of your family (grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, older siblings, etc.)
- Other persons who are responsible for you by law or custom when your parents are unknown.
In order to obtain a permit for family reunification with your relatives legally in Bulgaria, it is necessary to submit an application for family reunification to the State Agency for Refugees (SRA). You must attach proof of family ties, for example a civil marriage certificate or the birth certificate of your children.
- Application (available online and on-site at the embassy);
- A valid international passport where the visa will be applied for;
- Medical insurance for the first few months in Bulgaria;
- Copy of the family reunification decision issued by the State Agency for Refugees;
- Visa issuance fee paid
Bulgaria does not have consular offices in Syria and Iraq. Citizens of these countries apply for visas at the Bulgarian embassies in Beirut, Lebanon and in Ankara, Turkey. Bulgaria does not have a consular department in Afghanistan. Citizens of Afghanistan apply for visas at the Bulgarian embassies in Tehran (Iran), Delhi (India) or Islamabad (Pakistan). NB: If your relatives do not have a valid international passport, the Bulgarian embassy can issue them travel documents (laissez-passer) that allow them to travel to Bulgaria.